I’m still in the very early stages of reading. As for writing, I’m still in the process of finding and refining my voice to deliver the messages I want to get across. For reading, I’m in the process of learning how to read—how to pick a better book to read and how to capture the essence of what I’ve read.
Many people work hard at trying to be successful, yet for all their dedication, hard work, they never seem to achieve the levels and the results that they set themselves or their progress that they make is small and inconsistent. There is nothing more frustrating than when you spend hours upon hours trying to
Visualize Your Success. In order to manifest success, you first need to see it in your mind, and then believe without a shadow of a doubt that you are deserving of it. Repeatedly picture yourself in possession of that which you want, and you will have it. See challenges as beneficial. We all experience challenges
Honor the Truth and follow it’s path Image Source: https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8bff1faea79f14135a9e35e8ca704981.webp “There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” Your life purpose or passion may seem like a dead-end or nearly impossible, but it’s part of who you are. Without that mindset, you can
UNLEASH YOUR INNER BEAST! For Once…Step out of your Limits and you will never be the same Desperation can make people access the part of them that is suppressed for most of us. Life is full of comforts that distance us from our evolutionary past. Monty Halls is known for undertaking some insane challenges and going
3 Secrets to Make your life 10x RIGHT NOW! Have a Purpose Having a purpose in life gives you a fixed point in the horizon to focus on, so that you can remain steady amid life’s vicissitudes and challenges. Bringing meaning and purpose into your life , knowing why you are here : will do wonders for your
21 Ways To Start Improving Your Life Right Now Have a Morning Routine How you start your morning sets the tone for the rest of the day. Make sure that you have an [attitude-boosting morning routine] that puts you in a good mood so that you can start the day off right. 2. Carry An Attitude
Elon Musk has gone through tremendous success and horrible failures in his journey so far. Today, he stands at a juncture where he is changing how we perceive energy, and at the same time he is giving us hope that someday soon we will be capable of space travel like never before.
If you read his story from the beginning, there is a lot to be learnt from him.
- In 1983, at the age of 12, Musk sold a simple game called Blastar to a computer magazine for $500.
- He was once hospitalized when a group of bullies threw him down the stairs and beat him until he blacked out.
- While studying at the University of Pennsylvania, Musk and his fellow student Adeo Ressi rented out a 10-bedroom frat house and turned it into an official nightclub. It was an early entrepreneurial experiment.
- After graduation, Musk traveled to Stanford University to study for his PhD. But he ended up deferring his admission after only two days in California, deciding to test his luck in the just-beginning dot-com boom.
- Musk and his brother Kimbal took $28,000 of their father’s money and started Zip2, a web startup that provided city travel guides to newspapers like the New York Times
- Compaq bought Zip2 in a deal worth $341 million in cash and stock, making Musk worth $22 million.
- Musk started X dot com, an online banking company, in 1999. About a year later X dot com merged with Confinity, a money startup co-founded by Peter Thiel, to form a new company called PayPal.
- In late 2000, Musk took his first vacation in a long time. While Musk’s flight was still in the air en route to Australia, PayPal’s board fired him and made Thiel the new CEO.
- He stayed the single biggest shareholder in PayPal, netting him $165 million of the $1.5 billion that eBay paid for PayPal in late 2002.
- A lifelong fan of science fiction, Musk conceived of a crazy plan to send mice or plants to Mars. He even tried to buy decommissioned Soviet missiles for that purpose. But the Russian sellers wanted $8 million or more for each, and Musk thought he could build his own cheaper.
- So in early 2002, Musk founded the company that would be known as Space Exploration Technologies, or SpaceX.
- In 2004, he made the first of what would be $70 million of total investments in Tesla Motors.
- Musk came up with the idea for SolarCity, a solar energy company designed to combat global warming.
- Tesla was burning way more cash than it was taking in. In 2007, Musk staged an boardroom coup and took charge.
- Musk invested $40 million into Tesla and loaned them $40 million more to save the company from bankruptcy.
- Between SpaceX, Tesla, and SolarCity, Musk actually ended up going broke. By 2009, Musk was living off personal loans just to survive.
- Around the same time, Musk was going through a divorce with Justine Musk, a Canadian author, with whom he had six sons.
- 2008, Musk got two pieces of good news: SpaceX landed a $1.5 billion contract with NASA to deliver supplies into space, and Tesla finally found more outside investors. Things were suddenly looking up again.
- Tesla held a $226 million IPO by 2010, the first car company to go public since Ford in 1956. In that offering, Musk sold shares worth about $15 million to get his finances back on track.
- By the end of 2015, SpaceX had made 24 launches on assignments like resupplying the International Space Station, setting lots of records along the way.
- Even as he pushes for solar power, electric vehicles, and the colonization of Mars, Musk also designed what he calls the Hyperloop, a transport system that can get you between Los Angeles and San Francisco in 30 minutes.
- In late 2015, Musk unveiled OpenAI, a nonprofit he cofounded to do research into making sure that artificial intelligence doesn’t destroy humanity.
Seems like a Hollywood movie on some rich and bad-ass guy, doesn’t it?
It is simply put Elon Musk’s life from which we can learn a lot of things.
Listen to your instincts
His decision to leave Stanford University might have been viewed by many as a crazy act but Musk followed his instincts. Listening to one’s instincts is natural to everyone but we usually tend to curb down our natural thoughts owing to external response and stimuli .
Think beyond money
Whenever you decide to start something new, focus on the difference that your product can make to humanity. Money is a by-product and will come to you if you or your product can solve and help people with problems.
Always consider failure an option and plan ahead
When Musk started SpaceX, he considered failure as a viable option on his new journey towards interplanetary exploration. However, instead of giving it up, he created a contingency plan and went ahead with the SpaceX Project.
Challenge the norms
Before Tesla Energy came into existence, people were convinced that battery packs would continue to be expensive, no matter what. Musk innovated by breaking down batteries into its fundamental components: aluminum, cobalt, carbon, nickel, polymers, steel etc. He built them from scratch by optimizing the resources. There was a huge reduction in overall margin of total cost involved.
Know what motivates you
Keeping your eye on the ball is key. After moving on from Paypal, he was concerned with what problems could affect humanity in the future and he decided to focus on them, instead of just making a lot of money.
Big Ideas Generate A Lot Of Attention
Elon Musk doesn’t come up with ideas that are easily achieved. I mean, starting your own space program for interplanetary travel sounds like a ludicrous idea, yet this man pulls it off and gets a $1.6 billion contract from NASA. If you want to get people invested in your idea and keep their attention on it, your idea needs to be very ambitious and worth their time.
Improve the Product, not the marketing
The bigger a company gets, the more it spends on marketing, and in some cases, their marketing budgets surpass the budget of any other aspect of their business. This means that you are investing more into improving promotion than in improving the quality of your product.
Be Comfortable with Change
You never know which challenges are going to arise. Successful leaders are able to adapt in any situation and continue pushing forward towards their team’s goals. Whatever comes their way, they understand how to enable their teams to leverage their strengths to find solutions and innovate.
To develop his electric car company known as Tesla, Elon Musk borrowed heavily from the U.S. government. The company has become a huge success and is selling thousands of units. After making a good revenue, Elon paid back his $400 million loan. He said that he was grateful to the Department of Energy and all stakeholders who loaned him the money.
Embrace Your Worst-Case Scenario
What scares you most about failure? Often your idea of your worst-case scenario is what prevents you from truly succeeding. You think that it will be so bad that it’s not even worth taking the risk.
Elon Musk embraced his worst-case scenario early on in his entrepreneurial days. He forced himself to live off of $1 per day. By experimenting what it felt like to be poor and realizing he could handle it, he knew that money wouldn’t be an issue.
Don’t Rest on Your Laurels
There’s nothing wrong with taking some time to celebrate and enjoy your successes. But don’t take too long—always be looking to improve.
The real life Tony Stark is constantly striving to make the future better for his fellow humans, and that is the biggest lesson he teaches us all that we can imbibe ourselves with.
Creative visualization is one great technique that can be used to manifest your goals and dreams. Creative visualization works based on the principles of the [law of attraction]. According to this law, the more you focus your mind on the things you want, the more likely it is that the universe will manifest these thoughts into reality.
But it is one thing to talk about visualization – it is another thing to actually practice it successfully.
Need some tips on how to obtain some great results? Here are ten tips for successful creative visualization:
1. Get passionate about your goals. Visualization only works when you have got the drive, passion and dedication to stick with this technique. While quantum leaps are possible, energies in the physical third dimension may require some time to line up. Hence, thoughts do not usually manifest into reality overnight. So the more emotional attention you give it, the faster you will bring it into reality.
2. Get specific and clear on what you desire. Avoid giving yourself a broad goal like “a better career” or “more money”. Instead, think of specific outcomes, like “I want to get a promotion in six months” or “I want to buy a beachfront cottage within five years.” The more specific the goal, the better your visualization.
3. Use visual aides regularly. There’s a difference between imaging goals, and making them so real that you can practically feel them. Give your goals a real thrust by using additional imagery. Post a picture of that beach house by your computer, or interview someone who works in your dream position. The more you surround yourself with your goals, the more real they will become.
4. Share about your dreams. Let your family and friends know about your goals. Having a network of support is vital for manifesting your [dreams] into reality – so if you have got a dream, let your loved ones know about it!
5. Set aside time to visualize. While positive thinkingand imagery can be done anytime, anywhere, make time each day to sit in silence and picture your ultimate reality. No distractions are allowed – so unplug the phone, turn off the TV, and let your [family] know that you need a few minutes to yourself.
6. Commit to creative visualization regularly. Ensure that you stick to your visualization habit. The longer you practice, the faster you’ll get into the frame of mind that paves the way towards your eventual promotion or beach house.
7. Refrain from letting negative thinking interrupt your time. Turn negative thoughts into positive affirmation, like “I know I have the skills to get this promotion” or “Saving may feel hard, but if I research effective saving methods, I’ll have my beach house nest egg in no time.”
8. Turn those mental positive affirmations into vocal ones. Every morning, look at yourself in the bathroom mirror and tell yourself that you’ll take another step towards your goal. Again, visualize your goal while you remind yourself of how powerful and successful you are.
9. Get associated by putting yourself in the mental picture. For advanced creative visualization, put yourself in the imagery. Don’t just visualize that beach house – place yourself on the porch, or on the beach in front of it. Picture yourself at the new desk of your new job.
10. And finally, have the expectation that your dreams are on the way. The universe has an uncanny ability of giving us what we want – with creative visualization, all you have to do is ask!
Participating in student organizations and campus events can be a great way to get to know your school, make friends, build a professional network and have some fun along the way. Below are ten ways you can get involved with campus life. 1. Join or Start a Club Most colleges and universities have numerous student-run
The importance of vision in overcoming your procrastination Overcoming your procrastination requires that you have a vision for what you are trying to achieve in life. You then set effective goals which will help you to achieve that dream. The majority of your time should then be focused on tasks which will help you to
How to turn worry to your advantage Wouldn’t it be great if you could turn a bad habit such as worrying into a catalyst that keeps you energized and productive? Actually, it’s possible with a little help from the way we think. Worry normally paralyzes you into a state of guilt, regret or getting stuck
“Strive for self care, it’s ok to care of yourself first.” No one is going to get you to where you want to be but you. If you don’t do it, nobody else will. If you want to create the life that you desire, you need to take responsibility for your life and do the
“The one who mastered his time, has mastered his life.” If I had to pick the single most important aspect of building self discipline it would be learning how to manage your time effectively and efficiently. Productivity and time management are critical to success in more ways than we ever realize. Most people have a
I have a confession to make: I’ve always been insecure about my intelligence. When I was young and first heard about the IQ test, I was intrigued. I wanted to see how I could measure up to everyone else around me; see if I could prove myself to my classmates. I wanted ultimate,
Everyone wants to succeed in what they do. We all strive for success in our endeavors. And many of us are determined to achieve greatness. As a result, we continuously ask ourselves how we can be more successful. We ponder about the different ways to accomplish success. In our quest for success, we come across
Life has become a hectic ride. We’ve become so used to the state of being constantly occupied that we seldom stop to reflect on our lives. What is worse, vast numbers of people live their lives on autopilot. They are no longer questioning how they think and behave but let routines, patterns, and coincidences shape
What’s the purpose of life? Or to be more specific, what is it that adds meaning and satisfaction to life? What is it that gives us a sense of purpose? It’s the essential question that has challenged mankind throughout the ages. Living a purpose driven life is one of the most commonly held
If you really want to get to know someone inside out, you need to ask the right questions. No matter if you’re dating, meeting new people, or connecting with your co-workers, it’s always helpful to have a couple of deep questions at hand that aid you in getting to know the person you are talking
An optimistic outlook on life can make a great difference. It’s one of the essential steps you can take to dramatically improve the quality of your life. Optimism helps you to see the world in a much more positive light. But it also enables you to spend your time in a much more constructive
Even the most ambitious among us know that it is extremely difficult to stay motivated all the time. In fact, motivational challenges are part of life. Even though nobody likes to admit it, we are all confronted with this problem. There is, however, a small detail that makes all the difference: your ability to deal
They say that the best things in life are free, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t take time, dedication, and commitment. When it comes to learning important life skills, they are certainly difficult to acquire, but are beneficial to learn. Learning these important life skills will be one of the best investments you could ever
1. Stop buying cheap clothes. As a teenager and young adult, it’s fine to buy clothes and only wear them a few times, changing them as fashion dictates. However, now you’re older and probably settling into your first serious job, it’s time to start taking style more seriously. Invest in a few key pieces rather
At one point or another, we all burn out. It wouldn’t be wrong to think that plopping yourself down on the couch for a few days would leave you feeling recharged. You may not know this, but physical fatigue can have more to do with mental exhaustion than the exercise you’re getting that day. Don’t
Self-talk is the act of talking to yourself either aloud or mentally. These are the messages that you are telling yourself all day long about yourself. Are your messages to yourself positive and uplifting, or are you constantly beating yourself down? Would you want to be around a friend who constantly says negative and
Why Your Philosophy of Success Is Important It is a great metaphor that tells you that the road to success is not a paved path or a surfaced road. Just like the kite while it is strongly held by you, struggles against the wind and climbs higher and higher, people who succeed are strongly anchored
Your thoughts and the way you think attracts everything in your life including success. The most successful people of all time were interviewed to detemrine what it was that made them wealthy and these are the 21 charecterisitics of a millionaire mindset. 1. Have A Big Reason Why Without a big reason why YOU are
Start Now. Constantly thinking about something will not going to change anything. It won’t take you far from the place you’re now. But, your actions will definitely. When you will start acting, your thoughts will be more clear and realistic. It’ll let you take better decisions. Start writing. When you’re writing, it means